Sadly, we will not meet in-person Sundays for worship (abiding by no mass gatherings over 10). For as long as needed, we (our musicians, me & you!) will compile worship as a video (featuring pre-recorded special music, scripture, sermon, etc.) & release it Sundays at 10a for worship at home (& to share w/ friends). All church events are cancelled until further notice. Committees will aim to meet virtually.
FCUCC Wilderness Covenant (for COVID-19):
1) As a member/friend of FCUCC, I promise to continue to 'Be the Church' by participating in worship (digital or other means) & serving our neighbors.
2) I promise to be as diligent as I can about my giving to support our ministries. I will Egive (even temporarily), mail in my offering, or use the parking lot entrance mail slot.
3) I promise to practice social but not spiritual distance, remaining connected w/ my church family & letting Pastor Beth/others know about my health, spiritual & mental well-being & prayer requests.
4) I promise to keep an open mind & willing spirit in engaging church & its ministries in new ways (even if uncomfortable at first) so that, together, we continue to be a vessel of our Stillspeaking God.
5) I promise to lean on my faith in God & cling to hope to shepherd me through all the uncertainty & unknowns of this wilderness time.
Human Concerns Donation
For The Month of January
Sunday Worship 10:00am
First Sunday of Each Month Communion Service
No Matter Who You Are or
Where You Are on Life's Journey,
YOU ARE WELCOME HERE!
This is the church banner created in 2017. It is a riff from the national United Church of Christ banner. Participants on Covenant Renewal Sunday, Sept.10 were asked to respond to what it means to "Be the Church". These are their responses! This banner will hang all year as a reminder of who we are.
For a Donation through PayPal
Follow us on Facebook
We are an Open and Affirming community that follows the teachings of Jesus Christ. Our faith leads us to welcome all persons, including those of all races, ethnicities, ages, sexual orientations, gender identities and expressions, family structures, faith backgrounds abilities and economic circumstances into the full life and ministry of this church
We further commit ourselves to continued dialogue, so that both those who disagree and agree with this statement can support each person’s faith journey as we live, grow lean and change, according to our understanding of God’s call to us.
1111 N. Chicago Avenue
South Milwaukee, WI 53172
Rev. Beth Abbott